What is TriMetrix® HD?
TriMetrix® HD: Quad-Science Profile
TriMetrix® HD is a quad-science assessment! Combining four cutting edge assessments to explore behavioural style, personal motivators/drivers, acumen, and competencies. TriMetrix® HD is a powerful addition for any trainer, coach, or consultants toolkit!
TriMetrix® HD: A Quad Science Assessment
As a quad-science assessment, TriMetrix® HD provides us with four perspectives to understand the people we work with: it explores their behavioural style (HOW they prefer to behave and communicate), their personal motivators/drivers (WHY they move into action), their competencies (WHICH competencies they have mastered), as well as their acumen or decision making (WHAT personal talents they have at their disposal).
When using a traditional single-dimensional assessment, we can miss (or have to assume) so much about what makes a person who they are. With a multi-science assessment, we have more places to look for answers and a more complete framework to help people understand themselves and others.
The Multi-Science Advantage
When using the DISC assessment, the "high D” style is often characterised as behaving in a forceful and assertive fashion. Because of this, many consultants make the mistake of assuming that all high D managers will act like army drill sergeants and won’t be naturally supportive or caring towards their team. While sometimes this assumption is true, other times it is completely false. The question is: why?
In order to illustrate why one manager might be described as "results-oriented and likeable" while another is seen as "results-oriented and insensitive", we must look beyond DISC. When we gain access to the first managers TriMetrix® HD profile — with all four pieces of information — we discover the following pattern: High D (DISC) + High Altruistic (Driving Force) + Empathetic Outlook Positive Focus (ACI) + Diplomacy (DNA). We now understand that this manager is driven to help others (Altruistic Driving Force), which is further intensified by her behavioural style (high D). She will also tend to notice the positive aspects of her teams performance (ACI) and has mastered the competency Diplomacy (DNA) — a great combination for conveying supportive feedback.
Contrast this pattern with what we discover about the second manager: High D (DISC) + High Commanding (Driving Force) + Empathetic Outlook Negative Focus (ACI) + Low Diplomacy (DNA). The drive to lead and acquire status (Commanding Driving Force) is this manager's primary interest, which is further intensified by her high D behavioural style. In addition, she is someone who will tend to focus on the negative aspects of others performance (ACI), and this fact will be exacerbated by her under-developed skill in Diplomacy (DNA). This overall combination is a recipe for disaster when it comes to giving feedback (it is more likely to sound like blunt, one-way criticism than constructive, two-way dialogue).
As you can see, despite sharing the same behavioural style, these are two very different managers. This integrated view reveals a more complete view of an individuals strengths and limits — one that other consultants frequently don’t get to see and thus risk giving their clients substandard advice.
TriMetrix® HD is a Multi-Science Assessment, Combining
Exploring the science of Behaviour or How we perfer to behave & communicate
Exploring the science of Motivation or Why we move into action
Exploring the science of Competencies or Which competencies we have mastered
Acumen Capacity Index
Exploring the science of Acumen or What talents we have at our disposal
What Does TriMetrix® HD Measure?
TriMetrix® HD: Measuring behaviours, driving forces, acumen, and competencies!
The TriMetrix® HD is a powerful assessment combining four sciences, helping you to explore four key areas of performance:
- HOW we behave and communicate — using the world famous DISC assessment
- WHY we move into action — using the simple yet powerful Driving Forces™ assessment
- WHAT personal talents we have at our disposal — using the TTI Acumen Capacity Index
- WHICH competencies we have mastered and to what degree — using the TTI DNA® assessment
This powerful combination is available in a number of versions (explained below) and covers 5 sections: Behaviours, Driving Forces, Acumen, Competencies, as well as an integrated section combining Behavioural and Motivational feedback. This layered approach provides a fantastic framework for people to build awareness and appreciation of their potential strengths, opportunities for growth, and to craft specific action plans for professional development.
The Behaviours Section (DISC)
The Worlds Leading DISC Assessment. The TTI Success Insights® DISC profile is available in a number of different versions specifically designed for different applications. The suite includes reports designed for use in recruitment and selection as well as more comprehensive coaching and development reports. Unlike some of the more primitive DISC models, our DISC assessments provide feedback on all four factors to truly capture how we are unique at a behavioural level and avoid pigeonholing people. The 4 core DISC behaviours measured are:
- Dominance - How we respond to problems & challenges.
- Influence - How we respond to people & contact.
- Steadiness - How we respond to pace & consistency.
- Compliance - How we respond to procedures & constraints.
Note: The behaviours section also includes the Behavioural Hierarchy: 12 sub-behavioural tendencies based on the core four.
The Driving Forces Section
Exploring 12 Driving Forces™. The Driving Forces profile is a 14-page report. It takes you a step beyond the standard behavioural assessment to dive deeper into the world of personal values. There are 12 drivers measured by the assessment:
- Intellectual - Driven by opportunities to learn, acquire knowledge and the discovery of truth.
- Instinctive - Driven by utilising past experiences, intuition and seeking specific knowledge when necessary.
- Resourceful - Driven by practical results, maximising both efficiency and returns for their investments of time, talent, energy and resources.
- Selfless - Driven by completing tasks for the sake of completion, with little expectation of personal return.
- Harmonious - Driven by the experience, subjective viewpoints and balance in their surroundings.
- Objective - Driven by the functionality and objectivity of their surroundings.
- Altruistic - Driven to assist others for the satisfaction of being helpful and supportive.
- Intentional - Driven to assist others for a specific purpose, not just for the sake of being helpful or supportive.
- Commanding - Driven by status, recognition and control over personal freedom.
- Collaborative - Driven by being in a supporting role and contributing with little need for individual recognition.
- Structured - Driven by traditional approaches, proven methods and a defined system for living.
- Receptive - Driven by new ideas, methods and opportunities that fall outside a defined system for living.
Note: Driving Forces also includes feedback on what a person should try to avoid based on their motivators. TTI’s brain-based research confirms that this has a deep subconscious impact on our decision making.
The Competencies Section (TTI DNA25®)
Exploring 25 Business Related Competencies. The competencies section of the TriMetrix® DNA examines a person's level of development in 25 business-related competencies. The report ranks the individual's "Competencies Hierarchy" from the most developed competency to the least developed competency.
The 25 competencies measured are:
- Appreciating Others and Conceptual Thinking
- Conflict Management and Continuous Learning
- Creativity & Innovation and Customer Focus
- Decision Making and Diplomacy
- Employee Development and Flexibility
- Futuristic Thinking and Goal Orientation
- Influencing Others and Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership and Personal Accountability
- Planning & Organising and Problem Solving
- Project Management and Negotiation
- Resiliency and Self Starting
- Teamwork and Understanding Others
- Time & Priority Management
Note: The TriMetrix® HD competencies have been created to simplify and refine more complex and cumbersome competency models. When creating a competency framework with this model, the same 25 competencies are applicable to any position. What changes each time is the hierarchy of importance and the extent to which each skill needs to be developed. Thus, the TriMetrix® HD competencies simplify your development framework to highlight only the most important factors that affect a persons success in ones current (or future) role and only focus on the development of those skills which will have the highest payoff.
The Acumen Section (ACI)
Exploring Patterns of Thought & Perception. The ACI is a powerful assessment based on the science of "axiology" developed by Robert S. Hartman. Hartman developed the Hartman Value Profile (HVP) and the ACI is based on (and expands on) this original work. It uses robust mathematical equations to explore how people interpret their experiences. The TTI Success Insights® Acumen Capacity Index (ACI) describes a person in six core dimensions split across two perspectives (internal and external, or self view and world view):
The "Self View" Explores:
- Sense of Self - How clearly we see ourselves, our strengths, limits and areas for improvement.
- Role Awareness - How clearly we see and separate our roles in life, be it as a manager, team or family member.
- Self Direction - How clearly we see our future, the goals we have, and the path toward them.
The "World View" explores:
- Understanding Others - How clearly we see others, their strengths, limits and areas for improvement.
- Practical Thinking - How clearly we see cause and effect, the connection between actions and results.
- Systems Judgment - How clearly we see systems, structure and authority.
The Acumen Capacity Index report spans 12-pages, exploring various intricacies about how people think and interpret their experiences. The ACI report provides a valuable platform to identify, appreciate and apply a persons unique talents based on their "patterns of thought".
The Blended Section
Talent Insights® was the first assessment in the world to include an integration between different models. This integrated section explores the influence of one dimension of performance on another — in this case, ones DISC behavioural style and personal motivators/drivers. Included in the Talent Insights® Coaching Report is a section that explores how an individuals driving forces might impact their DISC behavioural style and vice versa. This is something that is not available from any other assessment provider.
Versions of the TriMetrix® HD Profile
The TriMetrix® HD series is made up of a collection of reports designed to support your initiatives and help achieve the outcomes you are looking for. All of our tools have been designed with flexibility, practicality and multiple uses in mind. This means you can invest once in the right profile and use it throughout the employee life cycle to maximise your investment. As a multi-science report, TriMetrix® ACI explores Behavioural Style, Driving Forces, Acumen and Competencies. There are four sets of reports in this series, including:
TriMetrix® HD Job Profiles
Providing a validated way to profile the unique positions in any business and determine the "ideal" mix of behaviours, driving forces, acumen, and competencies for a superior performer. We refer to this as "Position Benchmarking".
TriMetrix® HD Selection Profiles
A shortened version of the full report designed to provide hiring managers with what they need to understand a candidates behaviour, driving forces, acumen, and competencies mix.
TriMetrix® HD Comparison and Gap Reports
A set of reports to visually display personal reports against a benchmark (for example, in the selection process to see how closely someone matches a benchmark).
TriMetrix® HD Coaching and Development Reports
A set of reports that comprehensively explores a persons behavioural style, driving forces, acumen and competencies. These reports are available in General, Sales and Executive versions.
Common Uses for the TriMetrix® HD
DISC, Driving Forces™, Acumen Capacity Index, and TTI DNA® are all wonderfully versatile tools. The TriMetrix® HD profile is commonly used in the following functions:
- Personal Effectiveness
- Family Relationships
- Career Planning
- Recruitment and Selection
- Position Benchmarking
Strategy and Management
- Competency Framework/Development
- Planning and Strategy
- Change Management
- Conflict Resolution
Training and Development
- Leadership Development
- Communication Effectiveness
- Team Effectiveness
- Sales Development
- Customer Service Training
- Coaching/Mentoring Relationships
Why they Love TriMetrix® HD
They love TriMetrix® HD because it provides 4 models to understand their coachees and how to develop them.
They love TriMetrix® HD because the 4 models provide multiple ways for trainees to create a layered understanding of themeselves and others.
They love TriMetrix® HD because it provides a comprehensive model to understand people and jobs from multiple angles.
TriMetrix® HD Accreditation via the ACI-DNA Upgrade Accreditation
In order to access the TriMetrix® HD profile, accreditation is first required. There are two steps to achieve accreditation (earning you the formal designations CPBA, CPMA, CPEQA, CPCA, CPAA):
- Step One - Attend the Science of Self™ Accreditation
- Step Two - Attend the ACI-DNA Upgrade Accreditation
(Please note that step 1 must be completed before step 2)
The Ultimate OD Toolkit Extension
In ACI-DNA Accreditation, we will explore the DNA model (looking at WHICH competencies people have mastered) and the ACI model (looking at WHAT personal talents people have at their disposal). We will also look at the integration of these two models with the rest of the TTI suite of tools, ensuring you have a more complete understanding of human performance.
The ACI-DNA Accreditation is facilitated via a series of weekly virtual sessions (approximately 12-14 weeks depending on public holidays etc). These are facilitated from our purpose-built virtual training studio. Each week there will be a facilitator-led workshop accompanied by additional self-study exercises to help embed the learning.
Unlike most assessment companies, we are able to provide you with more than one perspective, ensuring you have a more complete understanding of human performance. In total, we offer 5 sciences of performance. Attending the ACI-DNA "multi-science” accreditation will ensure you have more tools, resources, solutions, and better quality training to solve more client challenges — and ultimately win more business!